The Concentration Exams - March 2017 EMBA
What do the exams cover?
Exams are made available after each concentration has completed according to the schedule.
What are the exams like?
- All the exams are open book exams. That means you can use any notes that you have, your Course Summaries, and reference any of the Smartly courses in order to complete the exams.
- The exam consists of several lessons similar to SMARTCASEs. (No open response; the same format to what you are familiar with in Smartly.)
- After completing the exams, you will not see your final scores.
- Unlike SMARTCASEs, you will not be able to retake any part of the exams.
When are the exams?
- You’ll have 48 hours from the time you start an exam to complete it.
- You’ll need to finish each exam before the exam window closes (on the "End Date") for each
- Each exam starts on the "Start Date" at 1 AM PT and ends on the "End Date" at 1 AM PT.
|Concentration||Start Date||End Date|
|Accounting||April 17, 2017||April 24, 2017|
|Markets & Economies||May 15, 2017||May 22, 2017|
|Data & Decisions||July 3, 2017||July 10, 2017|
|Specialization 1||July 31, 2017||August 7, 2017|
|Leading Organizations||September 11, 2017||September 18, 2017|
|Marketing & Pricing||October 9, 2017||October 15, 2017|
|Specialization 2||November 6, 2017||November 13, 2017|
|Finance||December 4, 2017||December 11, 2017|
|Supply Chain & Operations||January 8, 2018||January 15, 2018|
|Strategy & Innovation||February 12, 2018||February 19, 2018|
|Specialization 3||March 12, 2018||March 19, 2018|
How long are the exams?
It should take you about half an hour to an hour to complete each exam.
How should I study for the exams?
You should study by reviewing the relevant Smartly courses, SMARTCASEs, and Course Summaries.
Additionally, you might see review courses associated with some of the concentrations, like this one for Accounting.
How do I become eligible to take the exams?
In order to be eligible to take an exams, you will need to have completed all courses in that concentration before proceeding with the exam.
If you have any other questions about the exams, you can ask your classmates in the Slack group or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.