Smartly Student Grievance and Abuse Policy
Smartly Student Grievance and Abuse policy
Approved: February 28, 2018
Purpose: In some cases, students may raise a complaint against Smartly or an employee of Pedago, LLC. This policy serves to provide guidelines to students, faculty, and staff for addressing such complaints. All students have a right to lodge a complaint or grievance at any time which they deem important without fear of retaliation or any other adverse consequences.
- Student grievances: Complaints that escalate beyond standard feedback on the Smartly platform, courses, or content.
There are a variety of reasons why a student might lodge a complaint or grievance against Smartly or Pedago, LLC. This policy provides contact information for addressing general complaints or grievances but does not attempt to provide prescriptive procedures or policies for all such potential complaints or grievances, as they may vary from case to case.
- Students: For students in our MBA program, general complaints or feedback regarding issues such as course content, grading, or general comments regarding the learning experience may be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. For students in our Executive MBA programs, these comments can be submitted to email@example.com. For students in our certificates program, these comments can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. All other students may submit comments to email@example.com. These complaints will be recorded and addressed in writing where necessary by Smartly faculty and/or staff.
- Behavior and Abuse: Complaints specific to faculty, staff, or peer behavior and/or abuse should be directed in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. These complaints will be investigated and addressed directly by the senior administration of Pedago.
- Privacy concerns or requests to delete the user’s account should be addressed to email@example.com. These complaints will be addressed in writing where necessary by Pedago staff.
- Billing concerns may be directed to the Pedago operations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pedago will formally investigate any grievance or complaint related to billing, refunds, transcripts, discrimination- or harassment-related matters, or disability. Smartly may investigate complaints or grievances addressing other topics on a case-by-case basis.
If the complaint cannot be resolved after exhausting Smartly's grievance procedure, students may file a complaint with the Washington D.C. Higher Education Licensure Commission, located at 1050 First Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20002. Phone: (202) 727-6436. E-mail: OSSE@dc.gov.