Smartly Library Services
What’s on offer?
Active students have access to a couple of licensed research databases. ABI/Inform has industry reports, news, and articles from a variety of sources, including the Wall Street Journal and The Economist. Statista can be used for market and consumer data, graphs, charts, and infographics. If you’re new to using a library database, you can sign up for a quick orientation on how to use it efficiently with Kristina, the research librarian.
As a student, you’ll be able to book personal sessions with the librarian and discuss your research approach, get an orientation on the database, or ask specific questions about researching the industry you’re interested in.
Resume & Cover Letter Reviews
Book personal 30 minute sessions with the librarian to get feedback on your resume or cover letter.
We’ve prepared a few guides to help students get started doing effective research, both for newbies and those who’ve been away from school for a few years. They’ll come in handy when working on major projects:
- Research 101 - overview of the types of knowledge you’ll need
- Build your Base - step-by-step guide to get you started
- Resource Cheat Sheet - at-a-glance reference for what to use when
- Citation Cheat Sheet - examples of how to cite Chicago Style!
- Public Library Resources - find business resources at your public library